As the Ulwazi community grows, so too do the number of questions that we receive from the public. While we would love to know all of the answers to these questions, we unfortunately don’t, and are hoping that some wise folk out there might be able to help us out! That’s also a big part of what the Ulwazi Programme is about – building a bank of indigenous knowledge through positive community engagement.
Below are the latest questions that we’ve received via the Ulwazi website. Please feel free to contribute in the comments section below by first stating which question number you’re responding to, and then providing any information you have on the topic. Where appropriate Ulwazi will forward the answers to the original person asking the question.
- Umangabe umakoti wakho ungumuntu wamadlozi wathwasa, idlozi lilotsholwa kanjani?
- History of Bhengu Surname: What year was Bhengu banished?
- Nomkhubulwane Zulu Goddess of Rain: What would the relationship be with “Makobolwane” – a mountain peak in the Mpumalanga Drakensberg? Would this be referring to a AmaSwazi or maPulana name for the same rain/fertility goddess?
- Kuchaza ukuthini lokhu okulandelayo; “Inja ijaha imoto ehambayo, emile ziyayichamela”
- As one of Magwaza ‘s decedents, I would like to know where we can get the place that keeps our history
- Bengicela ningisize ngamagama ezinkomo zamalobolo uma kulotsholwa intombi yomXhosa?
- Hi my name is Alphonsina and I am working at SANBI as a fore lady in the nursery. I have been looking for people with a good knowledge of the medicinal plant we can have a program exchange I would love to know the plants in ISIZULU or ISIXHOZA.
- Hi, I’m Mbusiswa Zuma. May you please send me the location of umdlebe tree at eNngwavuma and Limpopo? I am a student at Wits conducting research on the family tree including umdlebe tree